Sunday 4 May 2014

Last Chance Shows in California

 Enjoying a drink with Craic Haus
My last days in California are creeping up on me at an alarming rate.

I've had an amazing weekend catching two incredible bands for one last time before heading back to England at the end of the month, and wanted to take a quick moment to show my appreciation.

Friday night saw another appearance of shamrockabilly stars Craic Haus at The Auld Dubliner in Downtown Long Beach. We came across this band by chance and have been listening to them ever since. Guaranteed to provide a fun night and get you dancing - Although unfortunately not for me as I'm still stuck in a wheelchair!

Danny, Dylan and Julian are lovely guys and each incredibly talented. Thanks for the nights of happy memories and sing-a-long songs. As promised, come to England and if all else fails I'll let you play at my house!


Not content to stop there, the following day (after the delicious discovery of a full Irish breakfast back at the Dubliner), we headed into LA to catch one of my favourite bands, Papafish, at The Satellite.

I discovered this eclectic mix of ska-rock-reggae at the Slidebar in Fullerton with The Two Tone Boners in December, and featured them on The Music Xchange to share the love and spread the word of their outstanding music. Since then, I spent my days singing along with the incredible voice of Nancy Rae until I'd learnt almost all the words to every song in a matter of weeks. Needless to say, I love you guys and can't wait for the next release. I'm sure it will find its way to me in England!

My final thanks goes to Roberto, for helping me discover these bands and taking me to every show. Tuesday will mark my last show with you and to say I will be sad to miss the rest over the coming year is a huge understatement.

But fear not all - I will be back! 

At The Satellite in LA for Papafish





No comments:

Post a Comment