Sunday 18 August 2013

Day 1

Goodbye England, Hello America
As expected, the first day of my journey mainly consisted of travelling. An early start, followed by a 10 and a half hour flight, is no easy feat. Last minute goodbye messages to those you love, and farewell wishes, are sure to get your emotions rising, with a conflict of nerves and excitement tipping in and out of balance.

Stepping off the plane at LAX, I can only describe a sense of surrealism. It still didn't sink in that I was actually here, that I was actually doing this. This feeling remained with me on the journey to the Campus, even moving into my new room. I can't quite believe that this is actually my new home!

My plans for the first few days are to explore the area and get settled in. It's a bit daunting, especially since international students have moved in a week early, so this massive campus is practically deserted. I can't wait for my room mate and everyone else to move in!

This is going to be a whole new lifestyle full of changes, but I'm feeling excited and looking forward to what the future has in store!



No comments:

Post a Comment